Greensboro Car Accident Attorneys Who Fight For Justice
North Carolina– the 9th largest state and one of the top 10 most visited states in the U.S. – stays busy year round. This busyness causes higher traffic and dangerous roadways. The central region of North Carolina, known as the Piedmont Triad, consists of three major cities, Greensboro, High-Point, and Winston-Salem or Forsyth County. This region is a popular destination, however, it’s also home to dangerous intersections and highways.
According to WFMY News Channel 2, “There are 8,000 car crashes in Greensboro every year. It’s a statistic that has the city’s department of transportation keeping a constant eye on how to bring that number down.”
Crashes are not uncommon within the Piedmont Triad so drivers need to ensure they are implementing the proper safety procedures while operating motor vehicles within this particular area.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a car wreck, our Greensboro car accident attorneys at Mike Lewis Attorneys in Winston-Salem and Greensboro, NC, are here to seek justice for your injuries and any damages that resulted from the accident.
Piedmont Triad Roads
The Piedmont Triad consists of multiple dangerous highways including:
- U.S. 421
- U.S. 52
- I-40 through Forsyth County
- I-40 through Guilford County
It’s essential to pay close attention to your surroundings and practice safe driving while traveling on these high-risk roadways.
Step By Step Tips To Follow After An Accident
Immediately after an accident, it’s important to follow certain procedures to ensure the safety of yourself and those involved. Keeping the suggestions below in mind could help you in the future if you decide to file a claim.
- Evaluate the area – Check to see if you or anyone else involved in the accident is injured
- Do not leave the scene – If you leave the scene of a wreck, you may face legal consequences and hurt your chances of receiving compensation.
- Call emergency responders – Even if no one appears to be seriously injured, when in doubt, it is always best to call for help.
- Move the car to the side of the road- If you’re on a busy intersection and unable to move your vehicle to the side of the road, stay in your car until help arrives to avoid being hit by ongoing traffic.
- Stay calm
- Inform your insurance company – Contact your insurance company to inform them you’ve been in a wreck.
- Make sure to receive a copy of the police report.
- Contact one of our attorneys. We can help you handle difficult legal matters such as filing for compensation.
Resources For Residents
Listed below are several resources to warn residents of road closures and provide further information regarding transportation in the community:
For more information about available resources for North Carolina residents, click here.
Roadway Safety 101
Safety should be a driver’s number one priority while behind the wheel. Here are some tips to help you stay safe on the highways:
- Don’t text or talk on the phone while driving
- Obey speed limits
- Be a defensive driver
- Be alert to your surroundings and other drivers on the roadways
- Avoid driving when tired
- Be cautious when changing lanes
- Use turn signals
Although you may obey traffic laws while driving, other drivers might not do the same. Unfortunately, even if you do everything right, accidents can still happen.
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries due to someone else’s careless actions, you may be able to receive compensation for any damages and injuries you experienced.
Justice For Injured Victims
The Piedmont Triad is not the safest area for North Carolina drivers but if you or someone you love has been injured in a car wreck, our compassionate team can help you seek the justice you deserve.
Mike Lewis Attorneys has proudly represented thousands of North Carolina residents and understands how challenging it can be to face insurance companies alone after an accident. Our Greensboro car accident attorneys can handle your motor vehicle accident whether it’s a motorcycle accident or truck accident. We want you to receive the justice you deserve for your injuries.