Our motor vehicle attorneys have handled thousands of car accident cases. Whether you’re injured in an auto accident or involved in any type of truck collision that wasn’t your fault, our Winston-Salem car accident attorneys are here to help you receive the maximum personal injury settlement that you may be entitled to.
It is important to remember that insurance company statistics show more money is awarded to accident victims who are represented by an attorney. Our knowledgeable and compassionate Winston-Salem personal injury lawyers know how to deal with even the most complicated car, truck, motorcycle, wrongful death, property damage or any other type of personal injury claim.
If you need legal assistance for your auto injury, simply fill out the “Free Case Evaluation” form to the left – it’s strictly confidential and 100% FREE.
What do you do if you’re involved in a car accident?
The scene of a car crash can often be very confusing – with car wrecks, flashing lights and sirens usually surrounding the area, it is quite easy to get lost in the commotion. However, there are some easy bits of information that you can collect at the crash site, which can help your case.
Some of these steps include (but are not limited to):
- Once you have come to a complete stop, immediately call for help if anyone has suffered an injury that requires medical attention.
- Always remember to use your cell phone or camera to take photos of the accident scene and the cars that were involved.
- Wait for an officer to arrive and write an accident report.
- Never leave the scene of an accident unless you are asked to do so by the investigating officer.
- Gather the names of any witnesses. Be sure to write down the name and insurance information of anyone involved in the wreck.
By obtaining the information from the points listed above – and giving that information to your attorney – it will often help your legal team to assemble a much stronger injury case, simply because it’s these important details that are quickly forgotten after victims have left the scene of the collision.
Why You Need To Be Wary Of Insurance Adjusters
Winston-Salem, North Carolina car accidentsAfter most crashes, an insurance adjuster will be sent out on behalf of the other driver’s insurance company. Their primary role is to assess the damages, and to put a dollar estimate on those damages. It is important to remember that they are NOT your friend – their primary obligation is to the shareholders of their company, not accident victims.
With this in mind, their job is to minimize any payment that you may be entitled to and as highly skilled operators, they are trained to extract sensitive information from injury victims when they are most vulnerable. In a court of law, the lawyers from the insurance company will then use that information against you – often in an attempt to discredit your case.
This is where the role of an attorney really comes into play. A reputable firm can act as a barrier to these insurance companies by giving you the right answers to their questions, or in many instances, simply asking you to defer any of their questions directly to your legal team.
At Mike Lewis Attorneys, we have many years of combined legal experience, and are well aware of the tactics that insurance companies use when defending against a lawsuit. We will provide the knowledge and guidance that is necessary to help you avoid the pitfalls that can arise during a personal injury legal proceeding.
How To Contact Our Winston-Salem Injury Litigation Team
contact a lawyer at Mike Lewis AttorneysIf you or a loved one has been injured in a Winston-Salem car accident that was not your fault, it is important to choose the right accident lawyer to handle your case. Our goal is to take the worry out of your injury compensation litigation, and to let you focus on your own recovery.
We have a team of acclaimed, reputable, honest attorneys that will fight so that you receive a fair and just personal injury settlement. A small selection of accolades that our team of accident lawyers have obtained include:
- Our Winston-Salem personal injury law firm has been recognized as a Tier 1 Best Law Firm by U.S. News-Best Lawyers for 2010, and again for 2011-12 in Personal Injury Eminent Domain. In 2013-2014, our personal injury law firm was recognized as a Tier 2 Best Law Firm by U.S. News-Best Lawyers in Personal Injury and Eminent domain.
- Mike Lewis has been recognized as a Best Lawyer by Best Lawyer in Personal Injury each year since 1995.
- He has also been recognized as a Super Lawyer by Super Lawyers Magazine from 2009 to 2011 in personal injury.
At our local office in Winston-Salem, NC, the auto injury team here at Mike Lewis Attorneys has a reputation of excellence. Our lawyers have won over $10 MILLION in successful verdicts and settlements for their clients, and are here to help win justice for you.
For your free case review, simply fill out the form at the top of this page.