For most folks, calling an attorney for the first time fills them with dread. They worry, “Will my attorney treat me with courtesy and respect, answer my questions, and take time to explain my case?” Some even worry that it will cost them too much to involve a lawyer.
Here are 5 good reasons to ask for legal representation:
- The insurance company is giving you “the run-around.” You can’t even get the adjuster to give you a rental car, much less talk to you about repairing the damage to your auto even though it wasn’t your fault; you need to call a lawyer.
- You’re not sure if you should even be speaking with an adjuster and giving a recorded statement about your accident or when the adjuster keeps pushing you to sign a release; you need to call a lawyer.
- You’re wondering if you can use your underinsured motorist coverage. Your adjuster didn’t mention it when you spoke last week, but he keeps calling you and asking you to sign a release. You need to call a lawyer.
- You’re confused, you paid for medical payments coverage, but the adjuster hasn’t answered your questions about the reimbursements you could receive. You need to call a lawyer.
- The person who ran into the back of your car at a red light is denying responsibility. You’ve suffered severe whiplash and you’re not sure what to do next. You need to call a lawyer.
If you or someone you love is involved in an accident that wasn’t their fault and has suffered severe injuries, or even death; it’s critical that you call an attorney immediately. Important evidence needed to support your case may be lost, damaging your right to recover. According to recent insurance statistics, your case is worth one third more when you hire an attorney to represent you. It certainly makes good sense to call an attorney to protect your rights and fight for you.