"Knowledge will give you power, but character respect."
After graduating from Washington & Lee School of law, Kara McIvor began practicing law with a South Carolina firm, assisting their North Carolina clients. She has spent the last 14 years fighting for the rights of injured workers in claims ranging from back injuries to traumatic brain injuries. She is certified by the North Carolina Board of Legal Specialization as a specialist in the area of workers’ compensation. She has been AV rated, the highest peer review rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
In addition to the practice of law, Kara lectures at various continuing legal education conferences and taught workers’ compensation to students in the paralegal certification program at Central Piedmont Community College.
- Juris Doctor, Washington & Lee University School of Law, 1997
- B.A. cum laude, Vanderbilt University, 1993
- North Carolina State Courts, 1998
- United States District Court Western and Middle Districts of North Carolina, 2000
- Forsyth County Bar Association
- North Carolina Academy of Justice – Workers’ Compensation Section
- North Carolina Bar Association
Kara is married to Tom McIvor and they live with their son, Stratton, in Greensboro. She serves as a volunteer at her son’s school, is active in her home owner’s association and enjoys watching her son play baseball. Kara is also a musician who once sang with the choral section of the Charlotte Symphony.