"Knowledge will give you power, but character respect."
After graduating with honors from Vanderbilt University and receiving her law degree from Washington & Lee University School of law, Kara McIvor began practicing law with a South Carolina firm, assisting their North Carolina clients. She has fought for the rights of injured workers in claims ranging from back injuries to traumatic brain injuries since 1998. She is certified by the North Carolina Board of Legal Specialization as a specialist in the area of workers’ compensation. She is AV rated, the highest peer review rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
In addition to the practice of law, Kara lectures at various continuing legal education conferences and taught workers’ compensation to students in the paralegal certification program at Central Piedmont Community College.?
- Juris Doctor, Washington & Lee University School of Law, 1997
- B.A. cum laude, Vanderbilt University, 1993
- North Carolina State Courts, 1998
- United States District Court Western and Middle Districts of North Carolina, 2000
- Forsyth County Bar Association
- North Carolina Academy of Justice – Workers’ Compensation Section
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Kara lives in Greensboro with her husband and son. She serves as a volunteer at her son’s school, is active in her home owner’s association and enjoys watching her son play baseball and speedskate. Kara is also a musician who once sang with the choral section of the Charlotte Symphony.